DIESEL MECHANIC (MID-LEVEL)
Our First Student facility in Dekalb, IL needs a reliable
Mid-Level Diesel Mechanic with 3-5 years of hands-on diesel and/or
gas engine experience. Our mid-level mechanics will concentrate on
brake repairs, light engine work and some diagnostics. Mid-level
Diesel Mechanics must be properly certified and licensed as well as
have the experience necessary to provide our customers with optimal
service. We offer competitive salaries and generous benefits.
Diesel Mechanic Job Duties Include:
* Inspect brake systems, steering mechanisms, wheel bearings,
and other important parts.
* Identify and report potentially dangerous equipment and
additional repairs needed.
* Maintain a safe, clean, productive and efficient work
* Perform Service Calls and on the road repairs; as
* Perform routine and preventative maintenance.
* Performs all other duties as assigned.
Diesel Mechanic Job Qualifications:
* A minimum of 3+ years hands-on diesel/gas engine maintenance
experience (vocational training a plus).
* Ability to perform inspections/diagnostics with minimal
* Meet minimum age requirement: 18 years of age.
* Must be able to pass pre-employment screening.
* Must have own set of basic tools.
* Computer proficiency.
Diesel Mechanic Required License/Certifications:
* Valid Drivers License, Class B CDL (preferred; but not
* ASE Certification(s) (preferred; but not required)
What we offer:
* Competitive pay (+ ASE certification incentive programs)
* Medical, Dental, & Vision
* Boot Allowance
* Paid Training (Class B CDL & ASE Certifications)
At First Student, associates are offered the opportunity to grow
personally and professionally, to contribute to the success of a
dynamic organization, and to serve others in a manner that exceeds
their expectations. We are looking for talented, hard-working
individuals like you to join our team. Come grow with us and let us
show you why First Student, should be your FIRST choice.
FirstGroup is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified
applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard
to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity,
national origin, disability or veteran status