Posted on: May 3, 2021
We take pride in our ability to keep our colleagues safe each
day. Safety is our Number 1 priority and clearly aligned with our
guiding principle. Safety has been embedded in Sonocos culture for
decades and is a key value.
While reporting to the Division Engineering Manager the Systems
Engineer, will plan, design, and develop medium to high complexity
engineering projects associated with Alloyd Brands product
offering. You will collaborate with customers, Sales, and other
Sonoco Divisions to develop overall customer solutions.
What Youll Be Doing:
- Work closely with design engineers to ensure manufacturability
and cost efficiency of products
- Work closely with manufacturing to ensure that designs can be
manufactured, and cost estimates are accurate
- Monitor workflow, sets priorities & serves as technical
- Investigate technical problems and establish procedures and
corrective actions to avoid recurrences
- Provide technical data to customers and potential customers.
Assess customer problems and offer a potential solution.
- Write and maintains accurate, up-to-date files for all product
specifications and customer requirements
- Maintain project information in product data management
- Provide necessary technical support to manufacturing
- Promote and identify early sales cycle pricing and
- Coordinate ideation sessions to produce unique customer
- The projects may include, but are not limited to product
design, product specifications, cost estimating, tooling,
prototyping, engineering processes, and product quality
This position is located at our Dekalb, IL plant and relocation
Wed love to hear from you if:
- Have a BS Degree in Engineering or a related technical field,
or equivalent experience
- You have experience in manufacturing and fabrication process,
Packaging background a plus.
- Have good interpersonal and organization skills with the
ability to deal with a variety of variables in situations where
only limited standardization exist.
- Can develop strong working relationships with a broad range of
individuals across all functions up to the Executive level.
- Are able to present information and respond to questions from
groups of managers, clients, and customers, with a strong capacity
for leading change, and dealing with ambiguity.
- Have Solidworks experience (required), and are able to
understand, create, and maintain complex smartsheet structures
- You are proficient in CAD computer application programs, and
Microsoft office suites
We are an equal opportunity employer, and we strictly prohibit
and do not tolerate discrimination against employees, applicants or
any other covered persons because of race, color, religion,
national origin or ancestry, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation,
marital status, gender identity or expression, age, disability,
genetic information, veteran status, or any legally protected
Keywords: Sonoco, DeKalb , Engineer, Other , dekalb, Illinois
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!