Posted on: May 3, 2021
Global success hasn't changed our tight-knit feel- we've simply
grown into a larger, more diverse family. We have thousands of jobs
around the globe and encourage all our associates to chase their
dreams without having to find them in another company - it truly is
a special place to work.
While reporting to the Quality Manager. This person that
occupies this position must be able to provide hands-on management
of the elements of the Quality Management System, these include
Quality Action Plans, corrective actions, supplier quality
management, customer complaints, standard work, audit processes,
standard procedures, test methods, and process controls. The person
applying for this position will act as the lead plant
representative for any meetings or interactions with customers as
it relates to product or service quality. Will be responsible for
managing all change control and line validation. Ensure Business
Unit systems are tied into corporate standards via reviews and
audits. Will act as the ISO representative for plant and ensure ISO
certifiable/certified stats. This person must ensure processes
needed for quality management systems are established, implemented
and maintained. This includes developing quality action plans.
Serving as a support for the management team in identifying
critical quality focus activities and help deploy plans to achieve
sustained success. Must be able to participate on teams and lead
efforts toward continuous improvement initiatives within the plant.
Day to day responsibilities include
- Maintain process for document control.
- Maintain customer property.
- Train plant personnel in the quality system.
- Assist and/or train plant personnel in GIQ quality system.
- Conduct required off-line testing for products.
- Conduct process capability studies as required.
- Analyze SPC data, customer feedbacks, in-house rejection,
process capability data, for trends and continuous
- Analyze all customer feedbacks for trends and continuous
- Where applicable, manage the food safety team and organize its
work, ensure relevant training and education of the food safety
team members, ensure the food safety management system is
established, implemented, maintained and updated, and report to the
organization's top management on the effectiveness and suitability
of the food safety management system
- Assist in managing supplier issues.
- Report out Customer Satisfaction for plant.
- Generate scorecards and reports for all aspects of plant
quality, not limited to and including NPS, CARs, SCARS, COAs, SPC
reporting, GMP/Product safety, and customer audits.
- Strong leadership skills
- High School or equivalent
- Achieve ASQ CQT certification or equivalent.
- Achieve Green Belt certification.
- Knowledge of the measurement and test equipment (M&TE)
tools are appropriate for various tasks and how to assess tool
accuracy and precision; understands the concept of standards
traceability for M&TE.
- Computer literacy required, Microsoft Office suite experience
preferred (Excel, Word, PowerPoint). Experience with Minitab or
other statistical analysis tool preferred
- Calibration of test equipment, operation of test equipment,
root cause/corrective action skills.
- Strong analytical skills in process documentation and gap
assessment. Experience with 5-Why analysis preferred. Exposure to
lean methodologies a plus (5S, 6-sigma, 8 wastes, etc.).
We care about the health and wellness of you and your family.
That is why we offer a comprehensive benefits package that makes it
easier to manage your health and provide financial security for you
and your family. Apply today and help us get stronger!
We are an equal opportunity employer, and we strictly prohibit
and do not tolerate discrimination against employees, applicants or
any other covered persons because of race, color, religion,
national origin or ancestry, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation,
marital status, gender identity or expression, age, disability,
genetic information, veteran status, or any legally protected
Keywords: Sonoco, DeKalb , Quality Technician, Other , dekalb, Illinois
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!