Posted on: June 5, 2021
Come Join our team! Global success hasn't changed our tight-knit
feel- we've simply grown into a larger, more diverse family. We
have thousands of jobs around the globe and encourage all our
associates to chase their dreams without having to find them in
another company - it truly is a special place to work.
Overview: The Safety and Health of Employees takes precedence
over all duties of this job. Apply CAD and CAM knowledge to
proficiently program CNCs that manufacture a variety of tools and
dies, which are primarily used for plastic packaging
- Program prototype and production tooling in conjunction with
- Applies CAD/CAM knowledge and skills to thermoforming prototype
and tool production.
- Improves tool paths and mold surface finish with proper
programming, tooling, equipment, and software.
- Implements high-speed machining techniques consistent with the
- Develops post processors for new software and CNC
- Train CNC Operators as needed on new progressions or
- Inspection and control of work using gauges and other measuring
- Identify or investigate problems to determine root cause and
- Maintains a clean and safe work area.
- Healthy attitude to work within a team environment
- Assist with all safety initiatives and incident investigations
- Proficient with programming software, preferably Powermill and
- Good written and verbal communication skills
- Meticulous attention to detail
- Ability to read, understand, and work from blueprints,
sketches, and ERP systems
- Fundamental skills and/or knowledge of metal fabrication, tool
making, and mold construction
- Understanding of tolerances and precision measuring
- Computer experiences with file processing, email, Web
navigation, and MS office
- Standing, sitting, walking, bending, lifting, reaching,
reading, writing, and talking.
We care about the health and wellness of you and your family.
That is why we offer a comprehensive benefits package that makes it
easier to manage your health and provide financial security for you
and your family.
Apply today and help us get stronger!
We are an equal opportunity employer, and we strictly prohibit
and do not tolerate discrimination against employees, applicants or
any other covered persons because of race, color, religion,
national origin or ancestry, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation,
marital status, gender identity or expression, age, disability,
genetic information, veteran status, or any legally protected
Keywords: Sonoco, DeKalb , Cnc Programmer, Other , Dekalb, Illinois
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!