Company: Ryder System
Posted on: July 12, 2021
If you are a current employee at Ryder (not a Contractor or
temporary employee through a staffing agency), please click here
(http://wd5.myworkday.com/ryder/d/task/1422$3.htmld) to log in to
Workday to apply using the internal application process. To learn
how to apply for a position using the Career worklet, please review
this quick reference guide
You are the driving force behind our company.
Start your career with Ryder today!
The Operations Manager provides leadership for the Distribution
Center and supervisors, who are directly responsible for turn key
warehousing and transportation solutions. The incumbent will have
and maintain high level interface directly with the customer on a
- Interface directly with the customer to ensure issues are
resolved in a timely manner while maintaining a high level of
- Strategic operational planning and execution for the
- Identify and/or solve operational issues with the account(s) by
implementing continuous improvement and LEAN initiatives, to
strengthen team unity, goals, productivity and results.
- Hire, supervise, develop and manage performance for employees
and maintain a positive employee relations environment at assigned
- Maintain open and effective communications within the work
group(s) and with other work groups within the organization. Review
data, identify and implement necessary actions as required.
- May manage the profit and loss statements based on the
complexity and scope of the organization.
- Lead a proactive safety program within the work group(s)
consistent with company policy in order to provide a safe and
secure work environment. Instruct and enforce location safety
management plans, training and processes. Monitor the maintenance
of equipment for assigned work group(s) by using checklists and
observations as required.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Skills and Abilities
- Excellent problem solving skills.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills with
demonstrated leadership capabilities.
- Ability to create and maintain professional relationships
within all levels of the organization (peers, work groups,
- Ability to work independently and as member of a team.
- Flexibility to operate and self-driven to excel in a fast-paced
- Capable of multi-tasking, highly organized, with excellent time
- Detail oriented with excellent follow-up practices.
- Strong organization, analytical, and computer skills.
- Ability to create and develop an inclusive and engaged work
- Ability to effectively manage Profit & Loss statements may be
necessary depending on the complexity and scope of the operation
- Bachelor's degree required in Business, Logistics, Supply
Chain, or a minimum of 8 years of relevant work experience.
- Master's degree preferred in Business, Logistics, or Supply
- Five (5) years or more in Supply Chain, Logistics, warehouse or
industry related field required.
- Three (3) years or more Supervisory experience required.
- Two (2) years or more Profit & Loss experience preferred.
- Two (2) years or more Application experience of Lean
principles, systems and tools required.
DOT Regulated: No
Job Category: Logistics
Ryder is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and Drug Free
workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for
employment without regard to race, religion, color, national
origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a
protected veteran, among other things, or status as a qualified
individual with disability.
Requisition ID: R26915
Job Type: Full time
Ryder operates behind the scenes, managing critical fleet,
transportation and supply chain functions for over 50,000
customers, many of which make the products that consumers use every
day. When you choose Ryder, you get access to industry-leading
technology, one of North America’s largest fleet of trucks, an
expansive infrastructure of maintenance facilities and warehouses,
and some of the most talented people in the industry.
Keywords: Ryder System, DeKalb , Operations Manager, Other , Dekalb, Illinois
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!